Friday, December 3, 2010

baking baking baking

firstly let me apologise in the slackness of my posting. i recently got an iphone4 which takes great photos except i would love to blog from my phone and not have to connect it to the laptop if i want to do a post.

i'll get there.

anywho....a couple of weekends ago our local market had trays of peaches on sale for $5.99. not floury, hard peaches but the ones where your entire home smells like peaches all week long. they were amazing and there was no way that my tribe would get through the box so half were given to my parents to enjoy.

so with the peaches i made bill grangers peach and raspberry slice. it was divine, a tad sweet but divine nevertheless. smelt and tasted like SUMMER.

i have also been getting into making cupcakes. i have a great little womens weekly cupcake book where the base recipe is different in each cake. its great. so far i have tried chocolate raspberry (definately a repeat recipe!) and white chocolate mud cake with chocolate icing (below). these were demolished in an afternoon at my parent-in-law's home. don't they look pretty? am having bbq dinner at my sisters home tomorrow and am planning on recreating these for her. she is a white chocolate kinda gal.
for the first time EVER i made a christmas cake. this one has cherries prunes dates raisins sultanas and currants in it. she is sitting in my fridge, wrapped in foil. awaiting her fate....

so tell me, are you making anything fun this weekend? possibly making some christmas presents? little gifts?
i am making labne this weekend and planning on bottling it for gift giving. thats if it works. we are having a gingerbread making afternoon in two weekends time and i cannot WAIT. this and the screening of the polar express is sure to make christmas feel even more christmassy.

1 comment:

  1. looks like some great baking going on there!
    I really should start soaking my fruit for my chrissy cake.
    making a gingerbread house today, bit hot & sticky here..hope it holds up well.
    happy week to you

    ReplyDelete